Clymer Baptist Church is a body of believers, who seek to know God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, to equip and edify one another through Biblical teaching and discipleship, to show the love of Christ by reaching out into our local community, as well as engage in worldwide missions, as we pursue obedience to the Great Commission.
Articles of faith
1. We believe that there is only one living and true God (Jeremiah 10:10) Who is Eternal; the Creator and Supreme Ruler of all things and all beings, revealed to us in the Scriptures as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who are equal in nature, power, and glory, and although three in office, are one in essence (Matthew 28:19). The eternal Father loved the world so much that He gave His only Son to die for our salvation (John 3:16). The Son of God took upon Himself the likeness of sinful flesh (Romans 8:3); lived a righteous life and died upon the cross to pay the penalty of sin (2 Corinthians 5:21); arose from the dead on the third day and ascended into Heaven (1 Corinthians 15:1-7); where He lives to intercede for those who have faith in Him (Hebrews 7:25). The Holy Spirit’s ministry is to convict the world of sin, comfort and guide the believer, and glorify the Son (John 16:7-14). The three persons of the God-Head agree in one (1 John 5:7).
2. We believe the Scriptures, the Old and New Testaments, were written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:19-21, 2 Timothy 3:16-17). These are the only perfect rule of faith and conduct (Acts 17:11).
3. We believe that God made man in His own image, pure and innocent, but by disobeying the Divine command he fell from the state in which he was created, and by the fall involved himself, and all mankind in sin and death (Genesis 1:26-27; 2:17; 3:6-7). All men, if not created anew in Christ Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit, must suffer everlasting punishment (Romans 3:23; 6:23).
4. We believe that God has commanded men everywhere to repent of their sin and turn to God believing on the Lord Jesus Christ (John 3:5-7). To enable sinners to comply with this requirement, the Holy Spirit convicts them of their sin, and upon surrender to Him, He changes their hearts, giving them eternal life (2 Corinthians 5:17). The true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, who has been born again, shall never perish but have everlasting life (John 10:27-30).
5. We believe that those who have been born of the Spirit of God should make a public profession of their faith in Christ before men (Matthew 10:32-33). They are to be baptized, to become a member of a Bible believing Church, to unite with the people of God in Church covenant, and to commemorate with them the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper (Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29).
6. We believe in the resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust (John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:5-6). We believe in the PreTribulation Rapture of the born again believers by Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18). We believe in the judgement seat of Christ for all believers (2 Corinthians 5:10). We believe in the PreMillenial return of Christ to establish His kingdom upon the throne of His father David (Revelation 19:11-21). We believe in the great white throne judgement for all unsaved people. We believe that the righteous shall inherit everlasting joy and bliss with Christ, and the unrighteous will be damned to eternal punishment in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15).